Saturday, October 5, 2013

Bring Coloring Pages to Life in 3D with ColAR Mix App!

Leave a Comment
Recently, I stumbled upon this cool website/app called http://colarapp.com/ .  You need to check it out.  Kids can turn a picture into 3D art with a mobile phone or iPad.  1) You print a coloring page from the website. 2) Kids color the page in crayon or colored pencil (markers don't seem to work).  3) You or their parents download the ColAR Mix App onto mobile phone or iPad.  4) Using the App, you take a
picture of the colored page.  5) Voila!  The kid's colored page comes to life in 3D!

I think it's awesome for all ages.  It promotes fine motor skills and technology at the same time!  And if you're creative enough, you can implement it into your curriculum.  


I tried the bird and worm coloring page with my first graders, as it corresponds with our animal theme in science.  My students loved it!  

Enjoy!

0 reactions:

Post a Comment